May 11, 2011

Motherhood: One of the GREATEST gifts from God.





See this precious little boy? He was given to Mike and I 7 months ago. Monday, October 4th 2010, at 1:19 pm,  Andrew Alan was born, and we were in love. I've always said I wanted a family, and I remember always saying as a young girl that I want as many children as God wants to give me. However, I could not have ever, EVER, imagined the feeling of being a mother. Now, during my high school years, and early college days, I had goals and plans for my life. Then, I realized that life did not turn out so much as I would have expected; but -as I'm watching my beautiful little boy sleep peacefully- I wouldn't have it any other way.

Before I became pregnant, I thought about myself . I had JUST been married for a short period of time. I was still getting used to the whole idea of becoming "domesticated"...something I had no real interest for in the past. I can actually remember thinking at one point in my life that, since I planned on having a career, I'd probably have a cook and a maid because I was not going to do either haha. But life, God, my husband, and my child have changed my views. I  serve them all whole heartedly, and could not imagine life any other way. Seeing my little munchkin  hit different milestones and his cognitive progress is worth so much more than any job or career. Being there for my husband when he comes home for lunch, and to greet him when he's arrives at the end of the day make me so happy. God knew what he was doing when he created marriage and gave woman motherhood. It truly is a rewarding and fulfilling role, that I feel so blessed to take on.

This past Mother's Day was my first as a mommy ( I was pregnant last mother's day but I don't count that), and I am so happy about that! I look forward to all the other little munchkins the Lord blesses us with in the future!

I know now I could never have imagined how it feels to be a mother; the excitement, the emotions, the fears and worries that start to set in. I am not just barely starting to realize why my mother worried the way she did with me and my sisters (and he's still a baby so I'm only scratching the surface!). I know that right now, the Lord is watching over him, and I am going to do my best to watch over him too. No act of carelessness is worth allowing.

I am also so thankful to have my amazing husband. It hurts my heart to see so many single mothers struggling without that extra support. I admire those that have and continue to push through, raising children on their own. I am blessed to have a man who loves the Lord, who loves and respects me, and who adores his son.

I can do anything, but there's nothing I'd want to do more than to be exactly where I am, at home taking care of my little munchkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment