April 19, 2011

Day 6 (Tomorrow) Will Be INSANITY!


Originally, I had said that I would wait until my second cycle to start working out. However, since I've already started getting great results in terms of my weight-loss, I figured "why not maximize on what I am already doing?". So tomorrow morning, I will begin my Insanity workouts.

What is Insanity? It is an awesome 60 day fitness program that uses High Intensity Interval Training, Plyometrics, Cardio, and Resistance training to transform your physical form in ways that the treadmill and elliptical can't. Insanity was created by trainer/athlete Sean T., and sold under the Team Beachbody brand. I first heard about Insanity when I was researching P90X, another fitness program sold under Team Beachbody. Originally, I wanted to do P90X, which is set for 90 day period; but after watching an infomercial for Insanity, I was sold. So Mike got it for me for this past Christmas. I've done some of the workouts since I've had it, but was not motivated enough to be consistent. After these last 5 days of my diet, I've found a whole new motivation for getting on track with Insanity.

So tomorrow, day 6, I start day 1 of diet with Insanity! I'm thinking this will maximize my weight-loss, while building and strengthening my muscles. If it does work, as I think it will, my goal to get back in shape by the end of summer may be cut in half! Let's hope so. I'm really looking forward to the end of this first cycle! I've been weighing myself daily, but haven't been measuring..and quite frankly, I don't really see where the changes are occurring yet. Besides that, I get a few cheat days in between each cycle, and I have been craving sweets and bready carbs! More on that torture another day!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment