April 15, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey

Today is April 15th, 2011. It is also the first day of my diet, in which I hope to lose about 50 lbs. I'm not sure how long it will take me to get to that point, but its worth tracking to see any progress made. I have plenty of weight to shed from pregnancy.

Before I got pregnant, I was a skinny little thing! At my height of 5'7", I weighed 135 lbs. The funny thing is that back then, I thought I could lose a couple pounds (but that was also because I was modeling, and in that industry, skinnier is always better). I recall getting so depressed the first time I ever hit 150! But now, 45 lbs bigger and with a beautiful baby boy to show for it, I'm ready to get back down in weight; and now, I'd be thrilled to get down to 150 (although my ultimate goal is 140).

Sixty pounds has been added to this, once, skinny little thing. My little munchkin is just over 6 months old now, and I am not seeing any difference. I had started gaining some weight before I got pregnant, and on the day I went to deliver, I weighed 206. WOW, right?! Yeah, you are telling me. So although I've shed 12 lbs on D-day, I still have a whole lot more to go.  Now although I know I will probably never again look like this




or this 
 I would like to at least feel comfortable in my own skin again. I've accepted that motherhood permanently changes things, and I welcome the change with open arms. My son is definitely worth it. However, there is a limit, and I am well past the limit. 

So I'm starting a diet today, with some exercise involved. I am hoping I will see the results I am looking for, and I am thankful that Mike (the hubby) wants to get on this diet with me. Although he is looking for a fraction of what I am looking for in weight loss, that starting boost of encouragement will help me get in the routine of things once he jumps off of it and I am still going. 

So, its time to get the ball rolling! Later today I will post the "before" pictures I took last night, along with my current stats and goals. This is a pretty humbling thing for me, because I've never been used to being overweight, and there was a time that I was very proud of my appearance. To pretty much expose what I am now for anyone to see, actually shows me that I'm losing that ego I once had (and that is a good thing!).  However, I know others who are also having issues losing it, and I'd love to be of some encouragement if it works for me!

2 comments:

  1. It will take some time and you will want to lose it slowly because it is more healthy and it will increase your chances of keeping it off. I know that you will kick butt at this diet and it will be hard at times but your baby boy will have a happy healthy mama in the end. It took me about a year and a half to get down to where I am now and it wasn't easy. I did not take diet pills because I did not want for my body to get use to taking pills and then as soon as I stopped to gain it all back. I just started to eat healthier, I ate before 7pm, drank tons of water and cut sodas out completely. If I want something sweet to drink I will have tea but less than 4 oz of it a day. I went from being 185 when pregnant to 125 now. If I can do it, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you look great! I'm glad you achieved your goal weight. Hopefully I will too..and no pills here! I'm eating very healthy and drinking only water! Thanks Raina :)

    ReplyDelete